Welcome to Ten Tors 2020
Welcome to the Ten Tors 2020 web site. You can look back on Ten Tors 2019 and previous years in the archive.
TT Secretary's Notices
Wed 2 Oct 2019 — TT20 Entry Fees
The Ten Tors Policy Committee has agreed that the entry fees for TT20 shall be:
Ten Tors Challenge £180 per team
Ten Tors Jubilee Challenge £15 for each participant
Mon 30 Sep 2019 — Team Managers Brief 12 Oct 19
The Establishments selected to take part in Ten Tors 2020 are now available to be viewed under the relevant challenge tabs on the website.
The next step is to attend the mandatory Briefing Day starting at 0830 and finishing at 1215 on 12 Oct 2019 at Okehampton Camp, EX20 1QP. Consider the following when choosing your representation:
- Representatives must be available in Okehampton Camp for the whole of the period 0830 – 1215 on 12 Oct 19; except in exceptional circumstances early departure will result in forfeiture of the Establishment’s place(s) on Ten Tors.
- Only one representative is permitted per Establishment unless you have teams participating in both Challenges.
3. As per rule 24. TMs’ Briefing. The TMs’ Briefing is held in the October of the year preceding the Event at Okehampton Camp. Establishments must be represented by a suitable individual who will be present at Okehampton Camp throughout the Event and TMs must have attended a Briefing within the 3 years preceding the Event. Establishments entering Teams for both Challenges must have at least 2 representatives present. Attendance at the TM’s Brief is mandatory and failure to attend will result in Establishments being de-selected from the Event.
Please note that in contrast to previous years car passes will not be issued and there is no cost to attend the briefing. Lunch will not be provided; however hot refreshments and drinks (bring your own cup) will be available during the morning break.
What to do next:
- Read through the Ten Tors Rules (including associated annexes and cards) on the website, these have been updated and therefore should be studied closely.
- Print off the Assurance & Attendance Certificate here ,arrange for completion and hand it in on arrival on 12 Oct 19.
- Ensure you allow plenty of time to travel to Okehampton Camp: the entrance will be busy! Also be aware that some GPS systems do not give accurate directions to the Camp so in the finest traditions of Ten Tors use them as an aid to navigation – the Camp is well signed from Okehampton Town Centre.
We look forward to seeing you at the Briefing and if you have any queries please email us at SWHQ-TenTors-MAILBOX@mod.gov.uk
Fri 27 Sep 2019 — Team Selections
The Ten Tors Selection Committee has now sat. We had a very high number of entries for the event this year and unfortunately the majority of requests for the Ten Tors Challenge have had to be pruned either by not allocating places or by placing teams on the reserve list. Team allocations are shown on the Teams page for each challenge.
If the page indicates that your places are Provisionally Allocated this means you have not completed all the required fields within your dashboard. Please now enter the necessary information and email the TT Sec at SWHQ-TenTors-MAILBOX@mod.gov.uk once this has been done. Please note that establishments that have not completed this process by Fri 4th October 2019 will have their places allocated to another establishment.
As a final reminder please remember that it is mandatory for every establishment to be represented at the Team Managers Brief on Sat 12th Oct. More details will be provided on Mon 30th Sep.
Mon 23 Sep 2019 — Entries Submitted deadline
The deadline for entries to be summitted via the TMs Dashboard is, 2359 hrs Tuesday 24 September 19.
Wed 4 Sep 2019 — Team Entries
Entries may now be submitted for Ten Tors 2020 through the TM's Dashboard. Please ensure you read the updated Rules (particularly Annex C) before applying.