Mon 25 Sep 2023: Ten Tors 24 Selection Committee-Tue 26 Sep
The TT24 Entry Registration closed on Fri 23 Sep @ 2359 hrs. Entries are now being collated ready for the Selection Committee taking place tomorrow morning, Tue 26 Sep.
Below is a summary of the entry numbers and additional information on the Selection Committee criteria and considerations for participation numbers. The Selection Committee discuss establishments’ performance over the past 3 events. Consistent errors in admin, training, performance, and infringements will be considered.
Out Of Area Establishments
Given the difficult balance between meeting the Strategic Objective of Broadening Participation within the Southwest, and respecting the historical involvement of some out of Out Of Area (OOA) establishments, the Ten Tors Policy Committee agreed that the protocol for OOA team selection for TT24 will be:
- A maximum of 1 team per establishment, up to a maximum of 12 teams in total (representing 3% of total places available), may be allocated to any establishment from any OOA establishment which has a historical involvement of participation in Ten Tors of 10 years or more (does not need to be consecutive or the most recent 10 years).
- Depending on the total number of applications, an additional reserve place may be offered. These will be offered as a lower priority than establishments from the SW region.
- No new OOA establishments will be offered places.
Ten Tors Challenge
The Ten Tors Challenge (TTC) received 487 Team entries for the permitted 400 Team places.
With 489 entries for the permitted 400 places, reductions will need to be made. Where possible teams with reductions may receive reserve places.
Jubilee Challenge & Jubilee Challenge Plus
Jubilee challenge received 471 individual entries and Jubilee Challenge Plus received 35 individual entries.
Reserves will be allocated once the number of accepted entries is agreed, typically immediately after January’s Payment Phase.
There are still establishments with errors on their Dashboards, this will be highlighted at the Selection Committee and may affect entries. TMs must remedy their administrative error(s) through their dashboard by 0900 hrs Tue 26 Sep 23. Current errors:
- Cohorts need adding. This is the quantity of pupils/members in each of the relevant age group.
- TM Assurance Declaration not completed.
- A TM may only represent one establishment.
- Name of the establishment. Please check that the name of the establishment has a maximum of 30 characters and is lower case with, where appropriate, the first letter of each word in capitals. To assist indexing ‘The’ must not be the first word.
- Qualifications. No qualified walking leader. This person does not have to be the TM. From the Ten Tors perspective, the required qualifications may be made up of an amalgam of 2 or more team staff. Note that Scout qualifications may only be used by Scout establishments.
- Staff - Add qualified walking leaders.
- Telephone number or email missing/corrupted. This information has been sent via email today to all TMs email addresses recorded on their Dashboards. Please check you have received the email as some have failed to send and been returned. Some have been rejected stating 'email address suspects your message is spam and rejected it'. Please make sure SWHQ-TenTors-MAILBOX@Mod.gov.uk is recognised by your email account or you will not receive email updates. Other emails have returned undelivered due to incorrect email addresses.
If you have any questions regarding your Dashboard please get in touch (incl Estab code in title). As usual Selection results will be communicated via the Ten Tors website (TTC, JC, JC+ drop down ‘Teams’), we aim for Thu 28 Sep.
At a similar time, the Team Manger Brief detail will be posted on the Ten Tors website; for those trying to make planning/transport considerations I can say at this stage the arrival reception is from 0930 to 0945 hrs with presentations starting at 10am on Sat 7 Oct 23.
Last updated 27/09/2023